A globally-recognized leader in forensic identification
The Center for Human Identification (CHI) is located on the campus of the University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth and is accredited by ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB) to the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories and the FBI Quality Assurance Standards for Forensic DNA Testing Laboratoriesand DNA Databasing Laboratories. CHI has maintained QAS accreditation since 2002 and ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation since 2004. The scope of accreditation is limited to the following activities: biological screening and DNA testing including autosomal STR, Y chromosome STR, mitochondrial DNA and SNP testing.
Please be advised that UNTCHI offices and lab will be closed on the following dates in observance of upcoming holidays/breaks:
- November 23, 2023 and November 24, 2023
- December 25, 2023 through January 1, 2024
As such, our last day to receive packages before the break will be December 13, 2023. Please do not mail or deliver any evidence and/or samples after December 13, 2023. Be advised that no evidence or samples will be able to be picked up and/or returned during this time period as well. We will resume normal business hours and acceptance of samples on January 2, 2024. For any pick-up or delivery of evidence/samples in person, please contact our office to schedule an appointment.
What We Do
- Perform forensic genetic and anthropological examinations for criminal casework and missing persons identification
- Manage local CODIS Operations
- Manage the Texas Missing Persons DNA Database
- Train students and professionals in various aspects of forensic genetics
- Improve forensic identification capabilities through innovative research
- Serve the State of Texas on various initiatives
Submit Forensic Cases and Samples
UNTCHI reports in a simplified report format. By submitting evidence to the Forensic or Missing Persons Unit for analysis, the customer has agreed to receive simplified reports.
v9bet Center for Human Identification
CBH, 6th Floor
3500 Camp Bowie Boulevard
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Phone and Fax
- Local: 817-735-0606
- Fax: 817-735-0553
- Toll-Free: 1-800-763-3147
- Toll-Free Fax: 1-800-221-3515